Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is hiring for two new Data Engineer professionals in the Washington DC Metro Area! While we are under restrictions due to the pandemic, this role will be remote. While we hope to offer long term remote options to successful candidates for this role, there will be a need for onsite client meetings and onsite presence in the DC Metro area after restrictions are lifted.
What you’ll be doing:
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data feeds to transmit data to and from clients and subcontractors; create necessary data structures or data models to support data at all stages; and design and implement custom data analytic and BI/reporting products.
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products
- Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline)
- 2-5 years’ experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications such as Talend, Informatica, SAS
- 2-5 years’ experience in SQL and procedural programming
- 1-2 years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- 1+ years’ experience with services AWS Glue, Lambda, Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Google Cloud Data Flow
- US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder) preferred. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract.
What we’d like you to know:
- Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation
- Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes and keys and table metadata
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Proficient with data warehouse design and development and big data systems
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
- Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Storm, and Spark, AWS Kinesis, Kafka a plus
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins/Git to assist development process
- Experience with agile development process
Technologies you’ll use in this role:
- SQL, BI, Talend, Python, SAS, Tableau, PowerBI, Postgres, SQL Server
- Spark, AWS Glue, S3, AWS Kinesis, Kafka
- Jenkins/Git, Cloudformation
- Agile Scrum/Kanban
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)