Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Collector - Louisiana Youth Risk Behavior Survey & Youth Tobacco Survey
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, September – December 2021
2021 LOUISIANA YOUTH RISK BEHAVIOR SURVEY (YRBS) AND YOUTH TOBACCO SURVEY (YTS)
ICF Inc. (ICF) is seeking one field data collection staff person in Louisiana for the Louisiana Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) and The Rapides Foundation YRBS. The Louisiana YRBS and The Rapides Foundation YRBS are administered in grades 9-12 and the YTS is administered in grades 6-12. The surveys are funded by the Louisiana Department of Education, the Louisiana Department of Health, the Louisiana Public Health Institute, and The Rapides Foundation.
Training for the YRBS will occur September 13-14, 2021 at the Louisiana Department of Education in Baton Rouge, LA. Data collection will immediately follow training for approximately eight weeks. If you have an interest in the health behavior of adolescents and can commit yourself full-time, you may wish to apply for this data collector position. This is an opportunity to be involved in an important survey on topics of utmost importance to the city. If hired, you will work in various locations around the five boroughs. This position is NOT recommended for students enrolled in fall semester courses that require weekly class attendance.
- Attend 2-day training to be held in Baton Rouge, LA
- Receive assignments via the Internet
- Travel among schools in each location to administer a paper and pencil survey
- Act as on-site liaison with school personnel
- May coordinate scheduling and follow-up on non-respondents and conduct makeup sessions
- Perform quality control on the collected information and package it for return to the survey processing center
- Complete required web-based documentation for each visited classroom
- Maintain detailed logs and progress reports
- Return data to main office via FedEx on a weekly basis after careful review and edit
- Report to supervisor daily when in a school for data collection
- High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ideal for retired teachers, school administrators, and current graduate/thesis students able to work full-time with no travel restrictions
- Experience working with children, particularly in high school settings
- Experience speaking in front of large groups
- Experience in field data collection, survey/social science research, sales, or marketing
- Computer skills, including navigating the Internet, using web applications, emailing and attaching files, and reasonable typing speed. An email address with the ability to check email daily is required.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Able to lift, carry, and transport up to 30 lbs. of data collection materials between classrooms and schools
- Extremely well-organized, with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to adhere to strict time schedules and arrive on time and prepared for all appointments
- As schools begin as early as 6:30 a.m., an early morning person is ideal
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Have a cell phone for use in the field
- Have access to reliable internet access and device for receiving and sending information
- High degree of self-confidence and the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm/professional manner
- Have a valid driver's license and an insured vehicle in good condition that you do not share with others
- Ability and willingness to travel by yourself Travel expenses … may require the purchase of hotel stays, which will be reimbursed
- Ability to read aloud in a clear speaking voice in front of a large group
PAYMENT FOR TRAINING & DATA COLLECTION WORK:
Assuming completion of the 2 day of training (September 13-14, 2021) and acceptable performance during training you will receive pay for 24 hours. For data collection at a school, you may expect to be paid your base hourly rate for 12 hours for one school, 24 hours for 2 schools, and 40 hours for 3 schools scheduled and surveyed in a week. Three weeks at 40 hours are guaranteed during the study period. The 3 guaranteed weeks may not be consecutive. Travel by rail, or bus, the actual cost of fare will be reimbursed, and mileage will be at .56 cents per mile driven using your personal vehicle, plus tolls and parking.
Your pay includes compensation for your time to do the following: (1) make advance calls to schools before the date of data collection; (2) organize the survey materials before going to the school; (3) travel to and from the school; (4) meet with the school contact and teacher(s), and survey students; (5) review the survey materials after the administration; (6) update the project’s case management system with collection details; (7) return the data collected to the designated ICF office; (8) follow up with the school about the return of make-ups, missing classes and/or forms; and (9) maintain communication with your supervisor.
#LI-CC1 #Indeed #HS2DC
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Remote Office (LA99)