Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for a Managing Consultant to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business. We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in Data Architecture and assessment combined with strong project management skills, business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
The position entails managing and contributing to projects by providing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) and Technology Assessment services supporting a transforming Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at the CDC. You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and CDC OCIO stakeholders.
This role is a high visibility technology leadership position requiring an extensive background and operational experience with architectural engagements, major products and frameworks, industry and government standards and implementations with leading COTS products to be applied in product and service delivery. Position typically includes architectural artifact and transitional roadmap development, system design, along with team mentoring in a dynamic client and business partner facing atmosphere.
About the role:
- Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical database models
- Document functional requirements and system specifications into the data architecture and detailed design specifications for current and proposed designs
- Document and adhere to development standards and best practices in database designs
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of data governance practices
- Work closely with the infrastructure teams to create a physical environment to support data services
- Evaluate new and existing (internal and external) technologies and services in support of data services and data analytics objectives
- Engages the client organization, manages key stakeholders, and fosters key relationships to develop a deep and thorough understanding of the enterprise
- Produces a vision and strategy, and produces a roadmap to lead modernization efforts by applying a proven data architect track record of technology assessments
- Coordinates and collaborates developing data requirements with executive leadership, business stakeholders, various technical teams, etc.
- Serves as the data strategy champion, resolving and mitigating program issues, promoting strategies, and prescribing adoption of proposed solutions for leadership, and staff
- Authors required documentation, briefings, SLAs and data standards for the architectural roadmap
- Provides leadership and coordination with other data and application architects, technical leadership, and program teams
- Conduct comparative research and evaluation projects under supervision of a project director
- Support project team on methodological aspects ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities
- Interact day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director
- Provide consultation regarding OCIO data center migration action plans, efficacy, timelines, etc.
- Conduct analysis and assessment of the current on-premise, external data center and cloud environments
- Support strategy execution, where the high-level plan is translated into operation plans and action items
- Evaluate the ongoing refinement of performance, communications, data reporting, and other strategic management issues
- Attend on-site and virtual client meetings
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or related field preferred
- 10+ years demonstrable work experience as a Data Architect
- 8+ years working on large SQL Server projects
- Experience designing data warehousing solutions
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Seamlessly able to translate business requirements to technology requirements
- Experience with prominent cloud, service-oriented, platform-based application technologies with design and system development accomplishments
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and AWS Cloud Providers
- Expertise with No-SQL databases
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communications in English, thought leadership, formal presentation, including editing and proofreading skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)