Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data and Reporting Analyst – HUD_ Disaster Recovery
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst who will support government agencies in Puerto Rico on projects that aim to reduce the island’s future disaster risk. As a Data and Reporting Analyst, you should have experience with and knowledge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation – (CDBG-MIT) program as well as other applicable federal disaster recovery programs.
The Data and Reporting Analyst will work onsite with the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and others to assist the client with project management and implementation of infrastructure and resilience related activities to ensure smooth project performance. As such, this position requires you to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, and procedures within the established project guidelines and to know the regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for HUD-funded programs.
- Assist in preparing reports, analyses, and briefings on CDBG-MIT policy related issues for senior client staff.
- Review, verify, and/or remediate data quality in existing operational and financial reports and work with the client’s technology vendor to make appropriate data corrections.
- Support the client in monitoring and reconciling CDBG-MIT and Program Income (PI) spending by specific program, CDBG-MIT funding round, expense category, and accounting object codes across three financial systems (Grants Management, State Treasury, Federal Reporting); Discuss reconciliation concerns and disseminate resolution reports.
- Provide technical assistance to client staff and partner government agencies regarding programmatic metric data for Quarterly Performance Reports (QPR)
- Analyze system changes to determine how they affect data across the multiple systems and reports.
- Work with external cross-functional teams (e.g., program, finance, compliance and monitoring, technology) to improve systems and reporting functionality, including enhancing the user experience and prioritizing high-quality data.
- Facilitate meetings between the client and the technology vendor to create complete, high-quality system requirements, reducing development time, cost, and errors.
- Review and verify requirements specifications, process flow diagrams, and other system documentation generated by the technology vendor to ensure client needs are fulfilled.
- Generate dashboard and report mock-ups to support requirements gathering and reporting requirements.
- Assist in leading and participating in special projects, including ad hoc assignments, the production of special reports, and responses to federal and local inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, information science, accounting, finance) or related field of study
- Proficient knowledge in MS Excel including use of advanced formulas, charts, and formatting to create polished and “client ready” deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience balancing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing priorities to meet goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure, both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with large amounts data, identify patterns, trends, and see the ‘bigger picture.’
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner and translate clients’ business needs into development requirements and data solutions.
- Comfortable with frequent client and colleague interaction (e.g., face to face, phone, email)
- Experience writing SQL queries against large data sets.
- Advance experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Visio) and the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)