Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Analyst, Behavioral Health
ICF works at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping our clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and addressing the complex public health challenges in the areas of behavioral health, sexual health, and chronic disease prevention and management.
ICF seeks a Data Analyst to support its ongoing applied research and evaluation projects in the field of public health and behavioral health for clients such as the CDC, NIH, SAMHSA, HRSA, private and nonprofit organizations, and state governments. Our portfolio of work includes the design and implementation of applied research and evaluation studies, such as program/policy evaluations, performance monitoring, systematic literature reviews, and treatment and cost effectiveness studies. Our studies involve the analysis of primary and extant data to understand relationship, process, outcome, and impact.
This is a great opportunity to be able to contribute to the design and implementation of study methods, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques for data analysis, and synthesize findings from various sources for a range of audiences. A solid grounding and experience in public health, evaluation science, social science, or behavioral science is necessary. Experience in any of the following content areas is a plus: mental health, substance misuse, suicide prevention, and adverse childhood experiences.
*This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US.
* Along with your application please also submit a writing sample
What you’ll be doing:
With the supervision of more experienced researchers, Data Analyst assignments will include one or more of the following:
- Perform background research on specified topics and synthesizing information in the form of annotated bibliographies and literature reviews.
- Contribute to the design and development of research and evaluation plans.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect primary data through conducting interviews, focus groups, or surveys; participate in site visits.
- Perform quantitative research activities, such as: survey design; data coding and management, including data cleaning and validation; and data analysis.
- Perform qualitative research activities, such as: design and implementation of interview and focus group protocols; conducting thematic coding of qualitative data.
- Perform quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis using statistical analysis software such as R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, and/or MAXQDA.
- Contribute to the development of deliverables, such as reports, presentations, summary briefs, and data visualizations to communicate study findings to professional and lay audiences.
- Contribute to data analysis sections of proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Behavioral/Social Sciences, or related scientific or technical discipline
- At least 2+ years of experience applying data analytic method in applied social science research and evaluation
- Experience using data collection programs (i.e., SurveyMonkey, REDCap, Qualtrics) and statistical software (i.e., R, SPSS, SAS, Stata, MAXQDA) for data analysis, preferably with strong skills in programming/syntax
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing data from a variety of sources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access) is essential in this fast-paced client-oriented environment.
- Ability to think analytically; define and thoroughly document tasks; conceptualize, plan, and complete major elements of project work.
- Experience contributing to report writing and other technical writing
- Master's degree in public health, public policy, behavioral/social sciences, or related field with applied social science research and evaluation experience
- Professional or educational experience in behavioral health (mental health or substance use treatment or prevention).
- Experience conducting research or evaluation in partnership with health departments and/or community-based organizations, particularly as it relates to behavioral health programs, policies, and services
- Experience working across a wide variety of Federal government stakeholders
- Experience with government programs, particularly in a consulting or other similarly demanding environments
- Experience with primary data collection through surveys, interviews, and/or focus groups and with securing secondary data from external databases and public sources
- Experience developing dashboards or infographics in Tableau or similar tools.
- Prior research, evaluation and/or lived experience with communities experiencing health disparities
- Experience in consulting or other similarly demanding environments
Required Professional Skills:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated success adhering to project timelines and deliverables
- Able to manage their time across multiple projects and tasks
- Able to work independently with guidance and feedback from direct managers and senior leaders
- Work effectively on teams
- Able to identify problems and generate creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and technical writing skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)