Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is growing and we seek a Data Analyst to support our expanding portfolio of work with Federal clients in public health at the NIH and CDC. In this role, you will prepare data for descriptive and etiologic statistical analyses of epidemiologic, administrative, and clinical data for health research studies. You will work on a growing interdisciplinary team to manage and analyze data across a portfolio of projects. You will interface with clients and our internal teams to plan research analyses and present findings in tables, reports, and visualizations.
If you want to make a difference in the world, explore this role with us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Employing your experience with SAS, Stata, R, and/or S+ programming to carry out data management and routine analytical tasks.
- Synthesizing quantitative information from a variety of sources, juggle multiple tasks, and interact effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Recommending data use for quality assessment and analysis, visualization and analysis.
- Creating databases and appropriate analysis documentation for dissemination to research teams.
- Extracting, importing and exporting data into/from/with Excel, SAS, Stata, and/or R in multiple formats.
- Verifying data quality, developing and running programs to check for errors and generating error reports.
- Providing technical assistance to multi-disciplinary teams (epidemiologists, statisticians, economists, and other data analysts).
- Providing a thorough understanding of data management processes and issues that may arise in analysis including writing data management plans and SOPs, implementing those SOPs, and providing technical recommendations on software/programs.
- Developing reports, data visualizations, and numeric tables to present findings.
- Effectively communicating with clients and research teams regarding issues, needs and/or priority setting for project.
- Contributing to development of competitive proposals and other technical writing products.
Basic Skills and Experience You Will Need:
- Completed Master’s degree program in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, or other relevant statistical or social science field.
- At least 3 years of applied and demonstrable experience as a data analyst or statistician working in health research, including experience working with and aggregating/merging multiple complex datasets.
- Strong knowledge of SAS is required (SAS certifications are a plus).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels to obtain or clarify project requirements.
- Familiarity with other statistical programming or scripting languages (R, SPSS, Stata, Python).
- SAS Certifications.
- Database Management using SQL.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to manage time effectively while balancing demands from multiple clients and projects.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)