Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Threat Analyst SME
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our cybersecurity experts work to protect the functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and military through proactive planning and strong public-private partnerships.
ICF is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Cyber Threat Analyst SME to support a Federal Cybersecurity Client. The individual will be part of our high-performing Operational Engagement and Outreach team charged with trending analysis, data aggregation and dissemination. This position will work closely with the Director of Operational Engagement and Outreach and will be charged with the management of a high visibility client. This position will be responsible for planning and executing client projects in addition to the coordination of cybersecurity operations across the federal government. This includes developing project plans, tracking deliverables, coordinating with the client team, and briefing contract and client leadership on a regular basis.
What you will do:
- Determine validity and impact of threat and vulnerability information shared by partner organizations; provide analysis, and collaborate to determine necessary partner notifications and potential product development.
- Review risk management programs by using evaluation results to create or enhance the effectiveness of the partner's information sharing to support efforts for safeguarding security postures and presents findings to client.
- Collect, clean, manage, and analyze data sets to improve risk insights.
- Generate user-friendly reports to organize data analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to coordinate information-sharing and enrichment.
- Correlate data sets to generate products, develop data visualizations and infographics.
- Apply knowledge of cyber threat landscape, emerging threats, and geopolitical events and trends.
What you will need:
- 5 years of relevant experience as a data analyst, cyber analyst, or similar role.
- 3 + years of advanced expertise in Excel (worksheets, formulas, analytics) and PowerPoint is required.
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position). Active Secret security clearance required.
What would be good to have:
- Bachelor's degree with major coursework in cybersecurity, statistics, data science, or related field.
- CISSP Certification
- Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Security + Certification
- Experience in a Federal SOC or security analytics.
- Experience with infrastructure scanning and pen testing.
- Ability to apply knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, policies, and procedures is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients to develop clear expectations, roles, and requirements for short and long-term projects
- Ability to easily communicate with senior government clients, lead discussions, and confidently discuss project status and propose solutions
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience with various Federal cyber standards.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)