Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Systems Engineer
ICF is seeking Elastic Systems Engineers to provide engineering support for the design, implementation, migration, and operation of Elastic solutions. Your work will contribute to the operation and maintenance of Elastic stack instances in support of cybersecurity operations.
This role is based in our Columbia, MD office, but is currently full-time remote. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important effort from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Deploy, configure, maintain, and upgrade a highly scalable Elastic stack environment
- Collaborate with engineers to design and develop solutions for ingesting large amounts of datasets
- Plan, optimize, and configure resources and infrastructure for maximize performance and cluster health
- Work in a DevSecOps environment to support planning, design, and development
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to installation, infrastructure, data flow, and ingest
- Analyze performance matrix
- Configure Kibana for end-user access
- Interface with other developers to integrate third party applications
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active Secret security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- Understand and proficient Linux user
- e.g., ability to run scripts, maintain and operate Linux environment
- IAT Level I Certification. One of the following or higher level:
- A+ CE
- Network+ CE
- Elastic Certification
- Public and customer-facing speaking skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Network security
- Experience deploying Elastic security solutions
- Ability to build custom dashboards on Kibana
- Experience with Elastic Cloud Enterprise and working with Containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with creating pipelines in Logstash
- Experience working with indices, templates, mappings
- Experience working with YAML and JASON/XML files and formats
- Experience collecting cybersecurity data metrics from network security appliances and endpoints
- Experience working with security, networking and monitoring technologies and tools
- Experience building search queries
- Knowledge of web related technologies, applications, services, and of network/web related protocols
- 5+ years’ experience with related experience
- e.g., Network engineering, Cybersecurity engineer
- Degree in related discipline
- e.g., Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology
- Information Technology, Information Security and/or Cybersecurity Certification
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)