Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Security Information Assurance Lead
ICF is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Information Assurance Lead to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Cyber Security Information Assurance Lead to support a large federal cyber security analytic program. You will work with our federal government customer, Program Subject Matter Experts, and Researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities. Your skills will help this important program determine how cyber attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. These roles will give you exposure to real operational data and new advanced technologies, showcasing your talent!
As a Cyber Security Information Assurance Lead, you will apply specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in defensive cybersecurity analysis to interpret internal or external business or mission-related issues and recommend solutions through best practices. You will solve complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. You will work independently and with other support teams, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Work location is remote with occasional travel to client or ICF facilities within the National Capital Region possible. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all the while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cybersecurity personnel to understand manual analytic processes that are used to assist in the automation of those processes.
- Support post-deployment through the full lifecycle of the capabilities
- Perform functions associated with the analysis of information, refinement of analytics, reviewing output, and making upgrades/improvements to the performance of the analytics and countermeasures.
- Provide end-to-end-solutions for a given problem.
- Effectively communication solutions to support teams and fine-tune application and analytic performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues.
- Thrive in a dynamic, multi-team, fast-paced, rapid development, startup-like environment as well as work independently.
- Leverage familiarity with Agile methods and software practices (typically 3-month Planning Increments).
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement.
- US citizenship required as part of client contract requirement.
- Master’s degree in IT, cyber, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Or Bachelor’s degree in IT, cyber, or related field AND minimum of 18 years of relevant work experience;
- Or minimum of 22 years of relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity operations analysis (network primary, host level tertiary).
- Experience with large data sets – understanding transforming and querying terabytes of data.
- 5+ years of experience with analysis tools such as Arcsight, Splunk, Elastic, Snort, Zeek, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with a variety of practices and solutions focused on defensive cybersecurity operations.
- Experience with Elastic Stack, especially Kibana.
- Experience with data warehouses; ability to navigate, interpret, and identify data required for a solution.
- Experience with data analytic notebooks such as Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with a variety of analytics, such as file, network, host-based, and emulytic.
- Experience with Intrusion Detection, Analytics, Information Sharing, Intrusion Prevention, and/or Core Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with Federal cybersecurity requirements.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Experience with monitoring/diagnosing activity at the host, application, internet protocol, database, source code, and Local Area Network (LAN) layers.
- Experience in analytics associated with analyzing databases, source code, hosts, middleware, application, LAN, and Internet networks across Open System Interconnect (OSI) model.
- Experience in developing near- or real-time automation.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)