Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Security Analyst
Involved in the testing, implementation and operation of secure state-of-the-art internet-facing services, systems, networks, and database products in both hosted and cloud environments. Conducts risk assessments and provides recommendations for system and application design. Participates in a wide range of security activities including event correlation, alerting, vulnerability management, access management, incident response, troubleshooting, infrastructure management, audit support and more. Analyses are performed through all stages of the system lifecycle, including: concept, design, build, test, integration, operation, maintenance and disposal. Provides analysis, evaluations, and recommendations to improve system consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness. Helps ensure solution requirements meet timing, technical, and financial constraints. Integrates new features into existing solutions, provides analysis to evaluate existing systems against future needs and trends. Uses advanced forensic tools and techniques for investigation and attack reconstruction. Provides recommendations for enhancements to systems, testing and processes. Interacts with other internal groups and external entities including customers, law enforcement, and intelligence/government agencies.
- Operation of infrastructure and application vulnerability detection systems
- Review and validation of vulnerability findings
- Work with stakeholders to resolve vulnerabilities
- Analyze log data for emerging or unusual patterns
- Modify, create or propose alerts for events of interest
- Help monitor common channels for priority communications
- Ensure systems meet documented standards
- Assist with obtaining or creating artifacts for audit and compliance
- Request and incident ticket intake and escalation
- Learn and document common processes with senior resources
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Assist with disaster recovery and incident response testing and processes
- Research and test emerging threats
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years general technology experience
- 1+ years general security experience
- Familiar with basic information security practices
- Desire for growth and development of security skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, react and think quickly
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be flexible enough to work overtime when needed
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year
- Background in application development
- Scripting and automation experience is a plus
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)