Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Security Analyst
ICF is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Cyber Security Analyst to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data and find anomalies. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As the Cyber Security Analyst you will work with our customer, developers, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
Work location based in Pensacola, Florida.
What you’ll be doing:
- Augment operational cyber analysts and act as a consultant for detection and/or threat hunting
- Advise on data preparation, implementation of techniques, visualizations, and employment of analytics developed by ICF and customer partners
- Assess current use of cyber tools by analysts and assess whether efficiencies can be made via alternate use of current, or adoption of alternate tools
- Problem-solve by identifying potential tools/processes to support needs, capturing areas of improvement that can be translated into functional requirements for future planning
- Provide ad-hoc training to cyber analyst teams on tools that support or enhance current processes
- Identify areas of technical training gaps and proposed approaches to methods (hands on, online modules, etc.) to improve the use of tools and data in support of the cybersecurity mission.
- Participate in post-engagement review
- Effectively communicate with leadership to ensure awareness of progress, challenges
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- 5 or more years of IT experience.
- 5 or more years of IA/security experience
- 5 years of experience using network security analysis/IDS tools
- 5 or more years of experience analyzing PCAP data and understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- 5 or more years of experience with different types of Malware including how to detect it, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities used.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Cyber, or a related field
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients along with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
What you’ll love about working here:
Generous vacation and retirement plans
Flexible work location
Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
Ongoing training and development opportunities
Participation in charity initiatives
Employee support program
Comprehensive health benefits
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)