Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Customer/Audience Engagement (Researcher)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Are you great at managing customer and partner relationships within and outside of an organization? We’re currently hiring for a Customer/Audience Engagement (Researcher) to help build a cybersecurity-focused communication and engagement approach to develop and support an external engagement strategy, with targeted actions, tailored to key stakeholder audiences. You will work to identify, build, and manage relationships with external stakeholders/audiences, representing Information Technology and Security. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cybersecurity professionals to develop and manage processes for collecting, aggregating, storing, destroying, analyzing, and reporting on customer feedback.
- Have experience with Customer Feedback Programs that provide insight to into customer requirements.
- Manage customer feedback about services and products that include publications, information sharing programs, and partnership events.
- Support and execute a comprehensive external cyber security engagement plan.
- Communicate general cybersecurity team functions to customers using various communication channels and materials (including but not limited to customer messaging, presentations, talking points, articles, leader announcements, newsletters, and digital content).
- Develop strategic communications plans and support the day-to-day tactical execution of DHS cross-channel communications activities.
- Help coordinate and plan events on behalf of the leadership team.
- Partner to strategize, plan, and execute on communications initiatives to support complex cyber projects.
- Partner with cybersecurity incident response teams to provide communications advisement on business continuity and crisis communications efforts for cybersecurity events and incidents
- Develop engagement and communication materials.
- Interface with subject matter experts, management and legal teams to prepare current, audit-ready responses and general tactical/operational communications, as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of current IT and information security policies and standards and general industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain project plans for various initiatives; track status of key deliverables.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and provide other general support for the broader Information team as needed.
- Active/Current Top Secret government clearance, with Special Compartmentalized Information (SCI).
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, cybersecurity, information systems and security, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Ability to keep abreast of current IT and cyber security concerns and trends, regulatory compliance requirements, vulnerabilities, and emerging technologies to include best practices across the cyber security industry.
- An innovative and creative thinker who can get to the essence of the matter and communicate concisely and in an engaging manner.
- Business acumen, change management, project and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to develop clear and concise presentations, reports and dashboards to inform upper management of relevant metrics and trends.
- Ability to proactively obtain and leverage new and current information to efficiently achieve team and corporate goals.
- Proficiency with usage of Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and others.
- Experience developing and managing SharePoint sites and content.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities, project management skills.
- Professional, clear, and concise verbal and written communication to internal customers, subject matter experts, upper management and other audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, attention to detail and consultative skills
- A collaborative team player who will solicit and offer input and support decision-making.
- Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the business including both technical and non-technical staff, management and senior leadership.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)