Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Customer Service Team Lead
Title: Customer Service Team Lead
ICF is seeking energetic, hands-on support staff with a desire to help others. Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work by supporting a mission to aggressively pursue opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide prevention services, and protect vulnerable children and adults. Team Leads provide hands-on comprehensive support to ICF Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) supporting the Maryland Department of Human Services project. Team Leads will be on Teams Channels proactively supporting a team of 30 plus customer service representatives.
Team Leads are responsible for assisting CSRs with questions, providing guidance on calls, taking escalated calls, processing customer requests, investigating customer cases, and providing feedback to CSRs. To facilitate this Team Leads will become versed in multiple programs and services. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Child Support
- Financial Assistance
- Nutritional and Energy Assistance
- Foster Care
This position will require candidates to be compassionate problem solvers and effective communicators with a passion for exceeding our customers’ expectations. Applicants must be strong patient leaders committed to employee growth.
We have full time remote positions available in both the Virginia and Maryland locations. The Customer Service Center’s regular hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance policy
- Previous customer service experience within an inbound call center is required.
- Previous experience in call center management
- Strong computer skills are a must
- Excellent typing and documentation skills
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and capability to work under stressful situations
- Good comprehension skills-- ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, empathy and a cooperative attitude
- Must demonstrate and maintain an extremely high regard for sensitive information
- Must be able to successfully complete initial and ongoing training and keep current and proficient on knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain department productivity and quality goals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)