Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Copy Editor - REMOTE
As a copyeditor, you will support high-profile health communications projects for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). You will directly support the production of client deliverables and are expected to understand and enforce style guidelines and client-specific requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring all published material is error-free and in line with the client’s quality standard.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency with NIH’s format and style guidelines - as well as accepted rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Write and edit materials aimed towards a healthcare professional audience
- Develop, maintain, and enforce templates, style guidelines, and other materials, as needed
- Populate and update website content using a content management system (CMS)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience editing science or health-related topics for health care professionals and the general public
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree in a science, health-related, or writing-related field
- Experience using EndNote for references
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting work priorities (highly preferred)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work well under strict deadlines and high production requirements (highly preferred)
- Ability to work as part of a team and support other team members (highly preferred)
- Knowledge of plain language writing principles
- Experience interacting with government clients
- Experience using a CMS
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location and remote opportunities
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Passionate team members working to make a difference
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)