Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Copy Editor /Proofreader
Copyeditor | Proofreader
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Do you enjoy helping organizations achieve their communications goals by editing documents with your excellent command of grammar and the use of the English language? We are currently hiring a Copyeditor | Proofreader to edit documents and deliverables for a cybersecurity-related organization.
- Active/Current Security Clearance.
- 3+ years of experience editing/proofreading.
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position).
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
- Experience creating and maintaining presentations for a wide range of audiences.
- Mastery of English grammar and sentence syntax.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eye for formatting inconsistencies.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, including Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Experience in or working with the federal government sector.
- Experience supporting DHS programs or initiatives.
- Ability to apply knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, policies, and procedures is a plus.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$48,067.00 - $81,713.00
Virginia Client Office (VA88)