Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Content Strategist (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, tenacious in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of dedicated creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Content Strategist.
You’re a creative, strategic thinker who is passionate about digital technology, and you’re ready to tackle some of society’s greatest challenges. Do you want the opportunity to work on meaningful public health outreach IT projects? If so, you’re going to love this job.
Our innovative digital solutions team is seeking a content coordinator to provide a range of communications support and management tasks. This position requires strong communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, independent judgment, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and flexibility as needs and priorities change.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for career and knowledge growth and the chance to work in a dynamic and collaborative organization.
This position is remote and can be based from anywhere in the U.S.
As a Content Strategist, you will:
- Manage web content in stage and production environments within the Drupal Content Management System
- Work closely with account teams to develop and execute web content and governance plans
- Provide editorial support including revisions for tone, voice, and plain language, as well as collaborating with technical writers, editors, and subject matter experts when appropriate
- Serve as a point of contact for our clients – prioritizing, delegating, tracking, and reporting on tasks conducted by the Content Team as well as directly assisting with implementation
- Use an Agile (e.g., Kanban or Scrum) framework to manage Operations & Maintenance tasks for the Content team
- Streamline content management workflows used by you and your team
- Inform your work with an understanding of content management best practices. Drupal 8 & 9 experience a bonus.
- Conduct quality assurance checks to ensure content updates are made correctly to each environment (e.g., test, stage, production)
- Work with accessibility and data analytics experts to ensure 508 compliance
- Work closely with creative, digital, and prime contractor teams
- Collaborate with graphic designers, user experience experts, content strategists, and client stakeholders to support the revision of existing pages and the creation of new web content
- Create and lead presentations to clients and internal project teams
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver
As a Content Strategist, you will have:
Bachelor’s degree in related field
2-5 years of experience in web content management; experience with public health content is a plus
Demonstrated experience with Drupal platform management, content development, and analytics – experience with other systems is a bonus (e.g., Wordpress, SharePoint, ServiceNow)
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong proficiency in MS Office
The ability to work remotely
Experience managing large websites; experience with federal clients is a plus
Experience developing content management or governance plans
Experience presenting to leadership teams
Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
Ability to work independently, seek help as needed and contribute to team and company culture
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)