Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Content Strategist (Comms & Events)
The candidate we are looking for is someone with agency experience, who understands that content needs to be immersive, holistic experience - more than just words and imagery. This person will define the content foundations/pillars to explore, drawing on relevant insights from the target audiences, and on this basis set out the content needs of a project or campaign in terms of channels, interactions, frequencies etc.
We’re looking for content strategist to develop and deliver creative campaigns, internal comms and live experiences across a variety of markets – from private (for example, retail, automotive or finance) to public sector.
We are looking for the following skills:
- English native speaker with min 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in branded content, campaigns
- Excellent writing skills and proven experience of working with senior stakeholders are essential.
- A successful track record in the creative industries and/or corporate world, and with a practical understanding of internal comms, marketing and business.
- Excellent attention to detail and a good sense of what makes engaging, impactful content (how to find and tell a good story)
- Experience in public sector/institutional campaigns is a plus
- Ability to both work effectively as part of a team or to organise own work independently
- At ease when presenting and experienced in client relations
- You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues from our creative and strategy teams.
- You’ll run workshops, actively contribute to meetings and drive content projects, side by side with our account directors and creative directors on the client side.
- You’ll translate complex messages into must see, must-read, must-click content – shaping the big conceptual idea and collaborating closely with our writers to execute it brilliantly.
- You'll plan, source, curate and storyboard content for FTSE 100 brands and businesses, as well as public sector organisations – developing meaningful audience experiences based on client goals, channels and media, and user needs.
- You’ll build winning client relationships and bring fresh ideas and innovations to our expanding Content team.
- You have a strong affinity with digital in the widest sense and be curious about new solutions.
- Please note there will be occasional travel with this role
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
Leeds - Burley (GB78)