Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Content Specialist - REMOTE
We’re looking for a Content Specialist to join our team at ICF. This position will support our National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)/ Office of Rare Disease Research (ORDR) client. ORDR coordinates and supports rare diseases research, responds to research opportunities for rare diseases, and provides information on rare diseases. ORDR supports the Genetic and Rare Disease Information Center (GARD) website to provide information about rare and genetic diseases to patients, their families and caregivers, and medical professionals.
The Content Specialist will play an integral role in day-to-day operations of our content team supporting our NIH client. They will be responsible for collaborating with external and internal teams to determine project deliverables, gather necessary information and build assignments within our Knowledge Base. Candidates should be generally familiar with content planning, creation and management. Experience with SEO and digital content publication will be a plus.
The ideal candidate is a task-oriented problem solver who is self-motivated and able to multi-task while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
As a Content Specialist you will:
- Maintain a well-organized repository and pipeline of content for review and upload.
- Maintain open communication and effective collaboration with team members and supervisors to enable continuous performance improvement.
- Gathering, organizing, and curating relevant child welfare and juvenile justice research and information from varied sources. Conducting project-specific and ongoing research in identified areas, and documenting findings.
- Synthesizing information to develop reports, briefing papers, and other materials to respond to requests for specific information or research questions. Updating outdated links in published content. Presenting research findings to project teams to inform product or event development or strategic planning.
- Utilizing various online platforms and databases to search for information, including internal knowledge management platforms, public online databases, and subscription databases.
- Contributing to the development and completion of project milestones to meet expectations for project goals, communications, deliverables, and budgets.
- Join a close-knit, smart, collaborative and highly productive team of content creators
- Review and evaluate project intake documents to help identify and address any gaps
- Develop an expertise and efficiencies in our CRM
- Build out assignments/deliverables within our CRM
- Provide guidance and assistance to content creators for assignment related questions
- Work on several diverse assignments at once, under pressure and with tight timelines
- Partner with the broader team to identify and implement process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Policy/Administration, or related social services or social sciences field required.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in public health, or a related field, including experience in research, training, and/or technical assistance.
- Demonstrated success writing and developing engaging research reports, procedures, and/or other written materials and presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office/365 applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, as well as in conducting online and database research.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital marketing and content planning/creation
- Basic understanding of SEO keyword implementation
- Comfort working in a fully digital content creation and management environment
- Experience with Visio and Jira (or similar Agile project tracking software)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels as well as within a team
- Ability to critically evaluate information to ensure projects/teams are set up for success
- High level of self-motivation and organization
- Knack for working well within a team and with a range of creative people
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)