Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Content Marketing Specialist
At ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
The position will be in Minneapolis, MN or Chicago, IL, but could be virtual if the right candidate.
Content Marketing Specialist
We are seeking a marketing savvy and passionate wordsmith to join our fast-paced and fun Group Marketing team. ICF Next’s Group Marketing team is responsible for the marketing and positioning of the firm and provides support for key growth initiatives. This person will serve a dual and crucial role on our team to both help create and sustain our content marketing efforts and will work closely with our parent organization’s corporate marketing partners to manage content and campaign setup, publication and/or deployment via a variety of enterprise marketing technology platforms including Sitecore, Marketo, and Asana. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, the ability to understand and convey complex topics in an engaging and topical manner, and a comprehensive understanding of the industry. Experience writing or editing agency or B2B content is a plus. The senior marketing and content specialist is expected to help sustain and develop the company's voice across all content channels and be a critical part of a fun, hardworking team.
- Work closely with the Group Marketing team to identify content SMEs and authors, support the creation of content and manage the content workflow and processes.
- Maintain and help manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including articles/blog posts, whitepapers, reports, on-demand webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Comfortable providing feedback to senior-level, expert content contributors, and being able to edit other writers’ content.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Create, configure and edit campaigns, programs and content within our marketing automation platform and content management system, working closely with our corporate marketing partners for deployment and publishing.
- Develop a strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
- Support the growth of net new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by helping to convert site traffic through mid-funnel, gated content and on-demand content.
- Support the optimization of our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of marketing and content experience
- Some past experience in marketing preferred. Agency experience a plus.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Strong editorial capabilities, with the ability to conduct interviews in written or verbal form to support creation of content from busy subject matter experts.
- Proficiency in marketing automation platforms and general knowledge of B2B marketing technology to support traffic generation, database growth, qualified leads and pipeline.
- Polished communication skills and comfortable working with senior-level individuals and teams within our organization.
- Bonus skills: Experience with marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo, HubSpot, Outreach.io), content management systems, (e.g., Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal) and project management tools.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)