Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Content Developer | Remote
The Content Developer will develop content for website, learning experience, and publications for use in communication and capacity building. The successful candidate will be a highly experienced writer who will develop, write, and design content for legal services project. The successful candidate will be able to accurately apply adult learning principles to training and product development; work with a multidisciplinary team to design and develop appropriate content; review, research, and develop training materials and products within a matrixed team environment for the Legal Services project (in accordance with established policies and procedures). The content developer will report to the Training Manager and serve as a part of the Capacity Building Team.
- Develop products and content for the project’s website tailored to specific audiences, including LSPs and EAAs
- Work with subject matter experts, translators, and other project team members to develop and maintain training curricula and products with learning-based objectives and web content that supports the project’s needs
- Participate in the development of new content within a team environment including subject matter experts, technical experts, and project managers.
- Research best practices in legal immigration for content development.
- Utilize available research and data for exploration of problems and issues identified for seeking asylum for immigrants
- Design curriculum and training content including learning objectives, goals, behavioral anchors, modules, interactive activities, instructional materials, transfer of learning activities, and other materials as appropriate
- Determine appropriate delivery method for trainings including online, blended, onsite, train the trainer, and other modalities for curriculum delivery
- Participate in training pilots for evaluation and revisions
- Utilize technology for different modalities for delivery of content.
- Proactively seek out new technology for delivery content.
- Assist with authoring, proofing and quality control of products, web content, and training
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal content guidance documents, including style guide, audience personas, and others as needed.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- 5 plus years' experience developing written content for curriculum, publication, or website
- 3 plus years' experience direct experience developing and delivering content related to immigration, law, refugee needs, or a related field
- 3 plus years' experience managing tasks or projects to deadlines
- Master’s Degree in social work, public administration, English, or related field.
- Knowledge of the following: Adult learning principles, Whole brain learning
- Professional refugee work experience
- Professional experience training and developing training curriculum
- Experience using CANVA and developing graphics
- Experience developing learning experiences on federal contracts
- High quality control skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations, writing, and blogging social media content
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$66,658.00 - $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)