Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Manager – Aviation
We are looking for Managers to join our fast-growing Aviation, Travel and Tourism consulting practice. In this role you’ll have responsibility for day-to-day management of consultancy projects, including acting as the point of contact for clients, helping develop solutions to problems using a variety of analytical techniques, ensuring appropriate project management procedures are in place and providing guidance to junior staff.
Whilst our Managers are expected to have a holistic knowledge of the wider aviation industry, individuals may start to align with one of our key service lines, for example Sustainable Aviation, Operational Improvement, Strategy, Commercial Due Diligence, Aircraft Finance, Tourism and Air Service Development. We welcome candidates with a proven track record in any of these areas, be it directly within Consulting, the Aviation sector or in a related sector.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Manage consulting teams and ensure timely delivery of solutions on client-based projects;
Act as the day-to-day point of contact with Clients, and build long-term trusted relationships;
Manage the development of reports and presentations to synthesize and explain analyses;
Cultivate a high performing and inclusive team, mentoring and training junior staff;
Support business development initiatives by building a network of client relationships, working on proposals, attending conferences, and contributing to ICF’s thought leadership;
Build and maintain a culture of collaboration, both within Aviation and across ICF;
Develop project budgets, scopes of work and manage risk throughout the project lifecycle.
Degree educated from a reputable institution;
5+ years of work experience in strategy consulting, operational transformation, sustainability, finance or commercial aviation;
Demonstratable experience managing projects or initiatives, creating structured workflows;
People management experience, either via direct reports or oversight on a project basis;
Ability and willingness to travel for work as necessary.
Holistic knowledge of the wider aviation industry, including sustainability, is a plus;
Works collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries and time zones to achieve established goals;
Acts inclusively, modelling four pillars of inclusive culture – objectivity, belonging, voice and growth;
Strong analytical aptitude and working knowledge of analytical or quantitative methods;
Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written English communication skills;
Organises written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience;
Identifies opportunities and manages from business development to project inception;
Takes direction from senior leadership and then implements independently;
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word & Excel);
Knowledge of other analytical and data visualisation tools a plus (PowerBI, Python, SQL);
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)