Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Conference/Meeting Planner - REMOTE
We are looking for a Conference/Meeting Planner to join a multidisciplinary team on a recently awarded contract to provide Coordination, Communication and Operations Support (CCOS) to the Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) program for the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS). The Conference/Meeting Planner will coordinate and manage conferences and events for the CTSA program. The ideal candidate has high-level project management skills; brings solid experience in management of Federally funded events and conferences; is ready to lead coordination and management of complex and large-scale events; and has a track record of delivering high quality in person, hybrid and online events in a timely manner to client satisfaction.
- Responsible for planning and delivery of medium/ large-scale high-level meetings and conferences for Federal clients
- Coordinate and supervise all logistics and services including travel, hotel, dining, conference room facilities, audio/visual and tech support including set-up, tear down, and close out processes
- Liaise with contractors, speakers, and stakeholders throughout the event planning process
- Coordinate and communicate with conference planning committee and clients as needed
- Provide input on design of conference or event as appropriate to best meet conference/event goals and create an optimal conference experience for audience and stakeholders
- Provide strong and efficient project management skills using project management tools
- Work closely with CCOS Project Manager and other meeting coordinator team members to share progress updates and trouble shoot risks and other issues
- Provide regular reporting on event progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Negotiate hotel and vendor contracts
- Develop and manage overall conference budget including oversight of invoice review and reconciliation
- Provide day-to-day supervision of project tasks
- Provide oversight of quality control, schedule, resources and change management process
- Identify project risks and propose mitigation measures to resolve any potential issue that may jeopardize the success of an event
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Minimum 7 years of conference planning and management, preferably in research or scientific environment
- Experience managing government meetings with 300+ attendees
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- Strong project and time management skills (PMP certification will be considered an asset)
- Proven delivery of complex, medium and large-scale events in a variety of formats including online, in person and hybrid events (conferences, meetings, webinars, seminars) often including networking and exhibition activities
- Solid knowledge of online conferencing and engagement tools and platforms (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom)
- Experience managing staff and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing timelines and tracking tools
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing and working collaboratively to produce SOP’s and other process documentation
- Experience managing client expectations and excellent client communication skills
- Government Meeting Professional Certification (CGMP)
- Experience working for a data coordinating center for a large scientific consortium
- Experience working with technical or PhD/MD level professionals
- Experience working at or with NIH or HHS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)