Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Conference Manager | Remote
ICF is a global management consulting firm with 50+ years of world changing work, doubling in size and revenue every five years on average for the last two decades and we are growing again. To do so, we need to grow and enhance our teams. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are actively looking for individuals with new ideas and perspectives. We are hiring a Conference Manager to join our teams. Due to COVID 19, this position will be remote and eventually will be located in Fairfax, VA
As a Conference Manager, you will:
- Plan and implement large and small meetings as well as webcasts and webinars.
- Consult with Project Director to determine meeting and conference objectives and requirements.
- Oversee session and poster submissions and peer review process.
- Send invitations to and coordinate travel arrangements with speakers and advisory committees.
- Develop meeting content, including agendas and participant guides; edit/format meeting materials; and manage printing, collating, packing, and shipping for all conference materials.
- Ensure program and materials are virtual ready and 508 compliant.
- Inspect event facilities and review contracts for venues and vendors to ensure that they conform to client requirements. Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, temp staffing, and other event needs.
- Oversee all aspects of registration: online registration, data entry, badge production, written communications, accurate registration and reconciliation reporting, and responsive communication with attendees, prior to, during, and after the meeting.
- Develop conference proceedings, reports, summaries, and detailed minutes.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
- Support technical research meetings that aim to develop strategies, promote exchange, and engage in communications with stakeholders.
- Apply industry best practices and interact with experts and clients in the field, while building logistics knowledge and consulting skills.
- Provide clerical and financial administration, including receiving and distributing correspondence, maintaining files, tracking invoices for payment, investigating billing issues, and managing the billing process.
- Use time management and organization skills to contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple tasks with all levels of staff.
- Keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five+ years of experience planning meetings or events for small and large audiences.
- Expertise with virtual meeting platforms (e.g., CVENT, Zoom, Teams, Adobe Connect, and WebEx).
- Knowledge of databases and Web-based registration systems (e.g., CVENT).
- Experience with venue/hotel evaluation and contract review.
- Involvement in managing, planning, and executing peer reviews.
- Experience in project management and budget-tracking.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience, managing on-site and virtual.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- CMP, PMP and/or CGMP certification.
- Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) with respect to implementing U.S. Government-sponsored meetings.
- Experience implementing technical meetings in early childhood.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Involvement with a meeting planner association, such as SGMP or MPI.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)