Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Complaints Coordinator - Disaster Management
ICF is seeking a Disaster Recovery Complaints Coordinator to join our team in Puerto Rico assisting PRDOH in the long-term recovery from 2017 hurricanes. As part of the growing Disaster Management Division, the position involves promoting housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.
The Complaints Coordinator ensures that applicants and potential applicants have a place to register complaints and receive responses in a timely fashion. The Complaints Coordinator makes every effort to see that applicant complaints are properly mitigated.
- Assisting Complaints Manager in managing the complaints process, administrative reviews, responding to PRDOH inquiries, preparing administrative review packages, working with construction managers, and working with operations team
- Investigating the complaints, conducting surveys, and interviewing applicants.
- Educating applicants about policies, procedures and technical issues that may affect the specific applicant’s situation
- Deciding the proper action to take on any given complaint, and escalating the complaint to a higher management position for the appropriate actions to be taken, if warranted
- Ensuring that applicant complaints are resolved in a timely matter
- Understanding and applying local laws and regulations and guidelines issued by HUD and other regulatory agencies
- Understanding all R3 program guidelines, user guides and other PRDOH policies and requirements to enable evaluating the customer service performance of the case managers and call center customer service representatives
- Track and report on complaints and Program-Based Reconsideration Requests to the Program Manager on an agreed-upon frequency
- Cooperate with PRDOH, via coordination with the Complaints Manager, on Program-Based Reconsideration Requests that get escalated to an Administrative Review
- 5+ years of experience working with customer relations
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of HUD program and guidelines
- Exposure to local community development activities such as affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and infrastructure development under CDBG
- Direct CDBG – DR and/or CDBG-MIT experience or exposure to disaster recovery
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work overtime as necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must exhibit a high level of professionalism in all communications.
- Analytical abilities to enable determining cause/effect/resolution for each complaint
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico Client Office (PR88)