Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
About the Projects
ICF is working on several large scale, multi-stakeholder climate engagement and communication projects that demand familiarity with current networks, trends and developments in various stakeholders’ climate actions and initiatives, and a basic understanding of the overall climate policy context, of climate narratives and the concept of behaviour change linked to climate engagement.
The projects are funded by public funds and implemented in close collaboration with the EU institutions.
About the Position
The Community Manager is responsible for the establishment, coordination, assessment and management of the communities of practice, volunteers and partner organisations and individuals that collaborate and participate in our large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects.
We look for candidates with a strong background and relevant professional experience in the management of networks, communities (communities of practice), volunteers and partners, both individuals and various types of organisations, and ideally obtained in the climate engagement and climate action context.
Roles and responsibilities include, among others, the following activities:
- Setting up, implementing and managing a procedure to manage the engagement with various community members, including individuals and organisations
- Supporting the volunteer engagement programmes through the selection, implementation and monitoring volunteer activities
- Providing helpdesk services and capacity building activities to volunteers, community members and partners
- Supporting community members in setting up and managing working groups and providing guidance and support to requests for support from working groups
- Working in close collaboration with the climate engagement and communication teams to ensure access for community members to all project activities
- Managing the content related exchanges on the intranet and on other communication platforms for exchange among community members, ensuring respectful exchange and guiding the exchange
- Contributing to reporting and client meetings
- Guiding junior colleagues and sub-contractors that are part of the projects
- Ensuring a continuous uninterrupted service, rapid response and timely availability of specific expertise required to cover services in the community management tasks
- Working closely with the climate communications, community and operational teams to ensure alignment across the tasks
- Supporting the project managers and taking responsibility for leading the community management tasks.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as social sciences/behavioral sciences, climate sciences/environmental sciences, psychology; Master’s degree will be an asset
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with NGOs, consultancies, governments, or businesses in comparable climate engagement roles
- Experience in working with networks of volunteers (from professional or personal experience)
- Knowledge of, and experience working on contracts for the European Commission
- Knowledge of EU affairs, and professional experience working with EU institutions and procedures will be a strong asset
- Fluency in English
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Belgium Client Office (BE88)