Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Community Development Specialist
As a Community Development Specialist, you will contribute subject matter expertise and project support to projects within ICF’s Housing and Community Development (HCD) portfolio. You will become an integral part of a team that is providing strategic consulting to federal clients in the areas of community development, economic development, and social services. This position will primarily support programs with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services, which work to reduce the causes of poverty, increase opportunity and economic security of individuals and families, and revitalize communities. This position is located at ICF headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
- Supporting training and technical assistance activities by developing written reports, training materials, guidance resources, and web-based and multimedia resources (e.g., videos).
- Supporting data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and visualization.
- Providing help desk support, including programmatic, grants management, and technical support.
- Supporting live and virtual conference and meeting planning and logistics, including registration, marketing, agenda and content development, setup of location/telecommunications, and follow up.
- Developing and supporting communications strategies to disseminate policy information, program guidance, and program outcomes using social media, graphics, web presence, dashboards, etc.
- Learning and utilizing client technical systems, such as GrantSolutions, Swift, On-Line Data Collection System, SharePoint, etc.
- Providing general project management support, including budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, and electronic file management.
- Creating and editing professional-quality correspondence documents, reports, and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proactively communicating with ICF managers and team members about task status, workload, and questions.
- Developing products and providing project support that is high-quality, client-centric, strategic, and grounded in knowledge of community development, economic development, and social services.
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field plus 3+ years of experience working in a role related to community development, economic development, and/or social services
- Masters degree preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to take initiative, assume ownership of discrete tasks, and propose creative solutions
- Ability to self-motivate and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Familiarity with data collection, reporting, analysis, and visualization
- High level of attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated client-centric, customer service orientation
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)