Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Community Development Researcher
Community Development Researcher
As a Community Development Researcher, you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of projects providing strategic consulting support to affordable housing, community development, and/or economic development agencies throughout the United States. You will become an integral part of a team that is developing and offering innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services for multiple federal clients. This position will primarily support a contract with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services, where ICF provides a wide range of support and services around the Community Economic Development Program and the Rural Community Development Program. This individual is an integral part of the project team and under the supervision of their ICF supervisor, also provides direct support to the client. This is an entry-level or early career position located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that is temporarily remote. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, this position will be based at ICF headquarters and/or the federal client site in Washington, DC.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Supporting training and technical assistance activities with written reports, web products, guidance resources, and training materials.
- Supporting data collection, analysis, reporting, quality assurance, and compliance.
- Providing general project support (budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, data analysis, electronic file management, grants management support)
- Providing help desk support, including policy and technical support
- Assisting with conference and meeting planning tasks, including registration, marketing, and outreach
- Assisting with webinar planning and logistics, including room assignment, setup of telecommunications, tracking of registrations, and management of call recordings and attendance lists.
- Assisting with video creation and production to support technical assistance activities.
- Learning and utilizing client technical systems, such as GrantSolutions, Swift, On-Line Data Collection System, SharePoint, etc.
- Providing executive assistant support to the leadership.
- Miscellaneous ad hoc clerical tasks involving filing, labeling, word processing, developing spreadsheets, etc.
- Creating and editing correspondence documents, reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Maintaining up to date grantee list and pull grantee data and reports from federal systems.
- Maintaining regular reporting and communications—at least weekly—with ICF managers and proactively communicate about workload, questions, and topics for discussion related to strong client support.
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Interest in affordable housing and/or community development
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently – a self-motivated individual who is solution-oriented
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, including the ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with data collection and reporting, and ability to interpret data metrics and identify trends
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)