Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Strategic Advisor
Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
Strong candidates will have experience supporting senior level clients with communication, high-level executive support activities, and creating and executing strategies. Experience providing support to a federal agency’s public affairs and communications operations is highly preferred. If you are passionate about writing and strategic communications and have the requisite prior experience, we'd love to talk to you.
As the senior writer, you will give voice and expertise to how we talk about CISA and identify key messages. Responsibilities also include evaluating how internal and external communications are working together and make recommendations where needed.
This role will act as the “strategic eye” to operations, including functions such as agency wide internal and external communications.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to work in a dynamic, collaborative, high profile, and uniquely positioned agency.
- Use a “strategic eye” to deliver fresh, strategic, and innovative communication and strategic counsel to the client related to improving the program’s operations, messaging, and recognition.
- Write and develop communications materials in support of new or expanding programs and initiatives, including fact sheets, press releases and advisories, toolkits, talking points and other communications products.
- Serve as a senior advisor to high profile leader within the agency.
- Support and matrix across the team of communicators and outreach experts
- Use insights on effective communication and strategy to advise the client on ways to improve the program, communications, and collaboration between offices.
- Recommend monitoring and analytics systems to track projects and objectives.
- Produce deliverables in a timely manner with minimal oversight from leadership.
- Master’s degree in communications, PR, Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated professional experience to including supporting/advising senior level government staff (GS-15 and above), writing a variety of communication products, and creating and executing strategies and plans.
- Currently holds a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- U.S. citizenship required (required by Federal government for the position)
- Demonstrated experience supporting/advising senior level government staff (GS-15 and above), writing a variety of communication products, creating, and executing strategies and plans.
- Deep knowledge of communication best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Strong team player.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with ability to manage tasks and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- A broad understanding of communication best practices.
- The ability to see connections between information, operations, and tasks and make recommendations based on those connections.
- The ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of a variety of task areas, their responsibilities, how they are matrixed and interconnected, and how their goals align with each other.
- Strong team player and clear and concise communicator.
- While expertise is not needed, a willingness to matrix across the team and work in areas such as external communications, internal communications, feedback/customer engagement, web, and social media is expected.
Job Location(s): The successful candidate for this role will be local to the Washington, D.C. metro area and work on a hybrid basis. Reporting to office in Arlington, VA.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$83,076.00 - $141,229.00
COVID-19 Policy: The position you are applying to requires the selected employee(s) to provide proof of their full vaccination status which is defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for use by the FDA.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)