Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist, Transportation
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist that is passionate about planning, developing, and implementing successful communication strategies.
In this role, you will promote Transportation Demand Management strategies, including carpooling, vanpooling, and flex work services, to employers, commuters/travelers, and schools on behalf of a Georgia-based client. You will be pivotal in developing and implementing marketing campaigns with our creative services team that drive engagement across the client’s website, social media channels, email campaigns, paid media, and outreach marketing materials. The role may also support other ICF Next communications and marketing projects in the Federal, State, and Local government industries.
Job Location(s): This position is based in Atlanta, GA, in a hybrid work environment with meetings at the client office
Timeline: This role is expected to begin on or after July 1, 2023.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Contribute to communications plans and strategies to meet client objectives and goals
- Manage and cultivate positive client relations through regular communication and collaboration
- Collaborate with our creative team, internal program team, and clients to develop marketing materials, including newsletters, fact sheets, customer stories, and websites
- Plan and develop social and paid media assets
- Conduct research and support in developing and implementing strategic plans and presentations
- Support planning and executing events, meetings, and workshops
- Track and report on campaign metrics
- Manage multiple deliverables at once, with varying deadlines using Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools, including Teams, Basecamp, Trello, Sharepoint, SmartSheets, Jira, etc...
As Communications Specialist, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree required (e.g., communications, marketing, public relations, or advertising)
- 5+ years of professional marketing communications experience
- 2-5 yrs in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- 2 plus years of email management systems, email content strategy and analytics, and email automation tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, etc.
- Previous marketing Agency experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the transportation or Transportation Demand Management industry is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of traditional and social media environments; understanding of various communication channels and how they work (print, social, digital, paid media, events and outreach, direct response, etc.)
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver with a demonstrated can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsive and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills, including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$63,977.00 - $108,760.00
Atlanta, GA (GA18)