Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist | Social Media
Communications Specialist | Clearance
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Are you a strategic thinker who likes to advise organizations on how to communicate? We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist that is passionate about planning, developing, and implementing successful cybersecurity-focused communication strategies. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cybersecurity professionals while utilizing your communications/public affairs/public relations skills. This role requires an understanding of the communications plan processes including audience, messaging, tools/tactics and measurement.
- Work with a team of cybersecurity experts to help develop and execute a communication strategy and plan.
- Work with Cybersecurity subject matter experts to create content such as messaging, talking points and other content as needed.
- Create communication products such as printed material, website material, congressional responses, public affairs material, outreach engagements, etc.
- Proactively seek new and innovative ways to create more engaging content to reach a variety of audiences.
- Work with different communication offices inside an agency and outside partners to create and coordinate communication campaigns.
- Coordinate input, reviews, and approvals with various communication products.
- Manage requests for information from industry partners, media, and other audiences interested in cybersecurity news.
- Support crisis communications and outreach to stakeholders inside and outside of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in public affairs and communication
- 1 plus years of experience in social media/digital management of outreach.
- A strong communications leader able to manage day-to-day tasks independently.
- Experience working in or supporting a federal government agency (DHS desired).
- A strong understanding of client/contractor relationship in a government agency.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Active/Current Security Clearance per contract requirements.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)