Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Communications Specialist with experience in information technology (IT) communications to join our team. The Communications Specialist is an excellent communicator and collaborator with a proven track record meeting communications objectives related to IT. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating with our federal government clients and other ICF Next teams.
You will work with a dynamic team of communications professionals and designers and collaborate with IT, digital modernization, change management, and customer experience (CX) experts all committed to ensuring a seamless IT experience to our federal government clients.
You will develop, manage, and implement communications strategies that share information about a newly formed office to the federal agency’s employees. This includes developing a variety of informational and change management campaigns to inform employees about the new office and all that it offers. This work includes communication strategies, brand development, website copy, newsletters, user guides, blog posts, reports, banners, and initiative-specific messaging.
- Develop and drive the successful implementation of a communications strategy that ties back to client’s overarching goals and objectives.
- Lead communications research, including channels and content audit, audience and stakeholder analysis, and communications protocols and policies.
- Develop communications to explain and promote the use of new technologies, tools, and platforms, improve customer service, and increase engagement with clients’ stakeholders and customers.
- Develop and coordinate digital communications and materials development such as reports, newsletters, blog posts, presentations, executive-level briefings, job aids, memorandums, outreach materials, surveys, agendas, meeting minutes, and additional project documentation as needed.
- Project management activities, including facilitating strategic discussions, tracking deliverables, and aiding with general management and organizational activities.
- Coordination and documentation of collaboration opportunities across the team to ensure communications and other activities are aligned, redundancies eliminated, and overall timeliness and accuracy is increased.
- Build partnerships within the agency to gain recognition on initiatives and visibility of efforts.
- Assist with the evaluation of current IT processes through risk assessments, gap analysis, leveraging best practices and documentation of recommendations to update processes to meet client’s needs, objectives, or goals.
- Support clients in their efforts to improve or streamline business processes and enable real time collection of data, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement ongoing outreach, promotional, and communications efforts designed to educate and enable change about new business processes/information.
- Coordinate with internal creative and technical teams to ensure communications materials are developed on time and within budget.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, or equivalent in professional experience
- 3+ years of previous relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance, per contract requirements
- U.S. citizenship required (required by federal government for the position)
- Understand IT as it relates to increased efficiency in business processes across a company or agency
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences
- Experience supporting enterprise-level IT programs and communications
- Appreciation for the role IT plays in meeting business objectives
- Experience developing and managing content in SharePoint
- Experience with development of enterprise communications governance and SOPs
- Experience automating communications and approval workflows using Power BI
- 1+ years internal communications experience
- Strong writer and editor
- Demonstrated ability to leverage myriad communications channels
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$62,113.00 - $105,593.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)