Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist, Multicultural (Hispanic/Latino/Latina Audiences)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Working at ICF Next means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world and to challenge yourself professionally, look no further than our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day.
ICF Next’s Multicultural Communications line of business supports clients in developing authentic and culturally-appropriate messages, materials and campaigns.
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist, Multicultural, who will support communications efforts focused on engaging with Hispanic/Latino/Latina audiences in the United States.
Our work includes several public sectors, including health, transportation, environment, energy, disaster management, and education. We are looking for a professional to manage new and existing tasks for public sector clients with an authentic lens toward Hispanics/Latinos/Latinas. Work may include development of communications plans and materials in English or Spanish, adaptation of existing content for Hispanic/Latino/Latina audiences, creative campaign development, earned and social media, and partnership engagement. This professional also will provide oversight of local and remote communications teams who work on these projects.
Job Location(s): This individual will work remotely.
As a Communications Specialist, Multicultural, you will:
- Have an understanding of multicultural communicationsstrategies for communicating with Hispanics/Latinos/Latinas in the US
- Have an understanding of the social determinants of health and how to address health disparities, systemic racism and inequities that Hispanics/Latinos/Latinas face
- Focus on supporting campaigns and projects that are designed to reach and engage the Hispanic/Latino/Latina community
- Work with project teams to support development, execution and evaluation of communication programs and products
- Serve as a task lead, supporting project managers and providing project guidance to account coordinators
- Serve as a liaison with creative team
- Provide audience-centric support for partnership programs, earned media activities, social media engagement and paid media efforts
- Provide native Spanish language skills to adapt, translate or create content for Hispanics/Latino/Latina audiences
As a Communications Specialist, Multicultural, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or related majors
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience engaging Hispanic/Latino/Latina communities
- Experience working with US federal agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; state/local government; or foundations/associations focused on multicultural advocacy or equity
- Knowledge of and interest in working with media targeting Hispanics/Latinos/Latinas
- Knowledge of and interest in working collaborating with community-based and national organizations targeting Hispanics/Latinos
- Experience writing content for a variety of channels including email distributions, websites, and other collateral materials in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members
- Native Spanish speaking capabilities with exceptional Spanish writing skills, a must
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)