Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist | Cleared
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our cybersecurity experts work to protect the functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and military through proactive planning and strong public-private partnerships.
ICF is seeking a Communications Specialist to support a fast-paced internal communications for a government program focusing on cybersecurity. Our team is helping to secure and protect the Nation’s critical infrastructure resilience, so come join us in our largest cybersecurity and resilience communications, digital and creative efforts to date.
The role will be hybrid, with work onsite in Arlington, VA.
What you will do:
- Help the cyber security organization build dynamic internal communications
- Function as an expert within the internal communications team to creatively and engagingly convey technical, program and office information to a wide audience, ranging from C-Suite level stakeholders
- Author, draft, edit, and release internal communication deliverables and products that support the mission to include articles for biweekly staff emails, success stories, annual reports, PPT decks, newsletters and other communication materials
- Draft, disseminate, manage and store talking points and success stories
- Ability to work across the organization to collect information to develop internal communication products
- Provide input for recommendations on the best methods to communicate cyber subject matter for internal communications
- Matrix to support work across the team as needed to help team members in a variety of task areas including external communications, social media, web, and feedback/analytics
- Building communication plans to support internal communication initiatives
- Provide support for the awards program, staff surveys, All Hands events, and Brown Bags
What you will need:
- 5+ years of communications experience; agency or internal communications experience, previous experience in internal communications preferred
- Must have active/current Top Secret government clearance, with SCI eligibility
- Experience supporting senior-level executives, preferably in government, high technology industries or science-based industries
- Experience ghost writing for senior-level executives
- Experience in technology related communications with the ability to understand and articulate technology-driven solutions, preferred
- BA/BS degree in communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefit
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$70,374.00 - $119,636.00
Virginia Client Office (VA88)