Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Communications Specialist for an anticipated USAID- funded Digital Strategy and Programs activity in Washington, DC. The project will build the capacity of USAID Missions, Washington Operating Units (OUs), and partners to advance digital initiatives that enhance security and economic prosperity in partner countries while safeguarding individual rights, freedom of expression, and democratic norms and practices. The Communications Manager will provide leadership and accountability for successful development and execution of the project’s communications strategy and completion of communications deliverables. The position will be based in our Rockville, MD office.
The Communications Manager is responsible for working across multiple media to produce strategic documents, resources, and training resources for buy-in clients.
- Develop and drive the successful implementation of a communications strategy that supports client’s overarching goals and objectives, meet’s project needs for resources and training resource, and promotes project results.
- Develop communications that support project activities, such as explaining new technologies, tools, and platforms.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement ongoing outreach, promotional, and communications efforts designed to share project accomplishments and thought leadership.
- Manage junior communications staff and coordinate with internal creative and technical teams to ensure communications materials are developed on time and within budget.
- BA/BS degree in communications, or equivalent required.
- 10 + years of experience in communications, preferably in the fields of development, technology, cybersecurity, and/or digitalization.
- 10 + years of experience in developing and implementing versatile and creative external communications strategies.
- 10+ years of experience in multimedia and graphic design.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in strategic communications or a related discipline.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and able to monitor and support projects in a timely manner.
- Strong project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ challenges.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member to meet deadlines.
- Experience with USAID projects is preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$166,964.00 - $283,839.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)