Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
The U.S. Global Change Research Program’s (USGCRP) National Coordination Office seeks a Communications Specialist to help promote the Program and related global change research activities from across the Federal Government. The Communications Specialist is responsible for graphic design and document layout, maintaining and growing USGCRP’s social media presence, and supporting internal and external engagement and communications activities.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Produce digital and print materials including: annual reports, newsletters, presentation templates, fact sheets, brochures, social media graphics, and diagrams.
- Help execute a wide variety of design-related tasks.
- Promote USGCRP products and activities through social media and newsletters and track analytics to monitor performance.
- As a member of the NCO communications team, provide staff support for USGCRP events as necessary.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring on-time delivery.
- 5+ years of marketing/communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, visual communications, journalism, or a related field.
- U.S. citizenship (required by Federal government for the position)
- Experience developing graphics to enhance the utility and accessibility of communications products.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience communicating on behalf of an organization or client through social media, press releases, or other communications products.
- An eye for detail and the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), MS Office (PowerPoint and Word), and social media platforms.
Job Location(s): This position will be onsite at our client's office in Washington, DC
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)