Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Here’s your chance to join our award-winning agency, ICF Next. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
We are searching for our next Communications Specialist, a multi-format communicator to serve as a communications resource for an onsite position with our team at the United States Postal Service (USPS) in Fairfax, VA. As a communications resource for the internal communications team, the marketing specialist will contribute to programs that connect the businesses to important products provided by USPS. The ideal candidate has strong client relations skills, the ability to deliver on quick deadlines, and the ability to integrate with an established team. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to grow marketing skills and the chance to work with colleagues who are passionate about their work.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Develop products and support communications programs (presentations, overviews, program summaries, videos, diagrams, etc.) for a key USPS division
- Coordinate with government officials, subject matter experts, and technical experts on communications materials
- Develop technical documents and user guides for a wide range of technical and non-technical users
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, and presentations, and written remarks
- Produce training videos and full content using video production software
- Proactively drive projects from concept to completion, working closely with the client and client team
- Produce and conduct live, webinar training for field staff, customers, and help desk representatives
- Provide critical project status reports on a recurring basis
- Work with team supervisor to determine priorities and set expectations
As a Communications Specialist, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of experience working within a communications agency or communications department of an organization
- Experience delivering communications materials to explain and describe workflows and product offerings
- A focus on quality, responsiveness, and superior client service
- Ability to develop videos using video software (e.g., Camtasia), PowerPoint/Prezi presentations for clients and speakers and experience editing videos and simple design projects
- Experience working collaboratively with a creative department to conceive, create, and deliver outstanding creative communications products
- Experience managing client relationships
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor with the ability to interact with clients of all management levels and represent the team during client meetings and events.
Job Location(s): Within the current landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately sit onsite in Fairfax, VA when remote working guidelines are lifted.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)