Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Specialist | 100% Remote
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Working at ICF Next means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world and to challenge yourself professionally, look no further than our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day.
ICF seeks a Communications Specialist to lead communication and outreach efforts for our public sector clients at the federal, state and local levels. We are looking for an experienced project manager to lead new and existing work for clients in the areas of disaster management, housing, sustainable development and health. ICF delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight marketing agency, plus the expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm. This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities for dynamic work on some of the most pressing social issues facing Americans today.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Utilize critical and strategic thinking to take projects from idea to reality.
- Develop effective communications strategies that resonate with target populations (e.g. Limited English Proficiency, low income, limited education, special needs and elderly) to result in education or move a specific action.
- Oversee the work of communications specialists and community engagement partners to implement communications and outreach initiatives.
- Conceptualize and align with the client to interact with editors, designers, production managers through completion of projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams and resources to develop compelling communications materials that utilize traditional marketing and social media tactics.
- Engage with operations and policy teams to develop materials that explain complex program information and processes in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Analyze and prepare program data to illustrate measurable results of communications and outreach efforts.
- Work with client to proactively plan for and respond to various levels of public reporting requests.
Qualifications for the Communications Specialist include:
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 7+ years of previous experience in public communications and community engagement
- Previous communications experience at the federal level (e.g. FEMA or HUD) or state level and experience with implementing high visibility public program communications
- Experience developing communications and outreach strategy recommendations
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of plain language principles and experience translating complex information into easy-to-understand messaging for the public.
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to analyze, research and quickly respond to media and communications challenges
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and demonstrated client relationship skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience working in a consulting firm or public agency preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software
- Spanish language fluency
We believe people should work their way – remote from home, from the office, or a bit of both, but we are preferring someone on the East Coast of the US.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)