Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications & Outreach Specialist
Communications and Outreach Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
ICF seeks a Communications and Outreach Specialist for a Communications and Community Engagement project who has strong ties to communities across North Carolina, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and a passion for connecting with people to join our team and play an important role in a fast-paced strategic communications contract for a State Agency client.
This is a great opportunity to provide communications and outreach support to a large-scare community engagement project and join a team that is working on meaningful projects. ICF delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight marketing agency, plus the expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm.
*** Hybrid position – position will work from home in North Carolina and must be available to meet in person with client contacts and travel across North Carolina for meetings/events across the state as needed.
In this role you will: Serve as the communications and outreach specialist for a North Carolina government agency.
This will include:
- Scheduling and attending on-site outreach events and meetings with project stakeholders.
- Drafting and delivering presentations.
- Participate in, or facilitate, conference calls and workgroups with Program staff, and stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with the project team to support the development and production of effective communications strategies and deliverables across multiple communications touchpoints including media relations, digital media, social media, publications, speeches, technical and research documents, briefing materials, reports, press releases, special events, exhibits and community engagement activities.
- Assisting the team in the creation of a strategic communications and community engagement plan, including sub-contractors.
- Preparing correct and on time activity reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, or related majors.
- 3+ years of communications or community outreach experience
- 1+ years of outreach across NC populations both in person and virtually
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)