Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Manager, IT (Remote)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
You will work with a dynamic team of communications professionals and collaborate with other groups within ICF who are all committed to helping the federal government with modernization and digital transformation.
We are seeking a Communications Manager with experience in Information Technology (IT) communications to join our team. The Communications Manager is an expert communicator and collaborator with a proven track record leading and executing communications strategies to help meet client objectives. You will work closely with federal government clients to develop, manage, and implement communications strategies. You will serve as the deputy to the IT Communications Director, helping lead the team, shaping a culture of delivery excellence, and participating in new business development efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge and to make their mark on a relatively newly formed team.
- Develop and execute communications plans in alignment with client objectives.
- Write communications that enable stakeholders and end users to understand and use new technologies, tools, and platforms, with the goal of improving customer experience, increasing engagement, and technology adoption.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, technologists, and others to develop communications materials, such as email campaigns, blogs, knowledge articles, executive-level briefings, presentations, standard operating procedures, and other documentation as needed.
- Translate technical content into communications materials that are clear and useful to a wide audience.
- Build partnerships within the agency(s) to raise the visibility of key IT projects and capture successes.
- Manage communications projects independently and deliver projects on time.
- Establish strong rapport and working relationships with clients, leadership executives, and subject matter experts.
- Lead communications research, including channels and content audit, audience and stakeholder analysis, and communications protocols and policies.
- Support clients in their efforts to improve or streamline business processes and enable real time collection of data, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement ongoing outreach, promotional, and communications efforts designed to educate and enable change about new business processes/information.
- Serve as deputy to the IT Communications Director, including helping lead the team, shaping a culture of delivery excellence, and participating in new business development efforts.
- Manage and mentor junior communications staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, or related field
- 7+ years of previous relevant experience with 3+ years
- 3+ years of internal communications or IT communications experience
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance, per contract requirements
- US citizenship required (required by federal government for the position)
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences
- Excellent client service and problem-solving skills
- Talent for communicating clearly and concisely and working well with all types of personalities
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent changes and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient in Windows PC environment, including Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Strong writer and editor
- Experience supporting enterprise-level IT programs and communication
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated ability to leverage myriad communications channels
- Appreciation for the role IT plays in meeting business objectives
- Familiarity with Federal Plain Language Guidelines
- Familiarity with writing for Section 508 requirements
- PMP certification a plus!
Job Location: Remote/Flexible
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$82,673.00 - $140,544.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)