Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to make a real impact working directly with our clients to address and solve their key issues, drive change, and grow our business. As our next communications manager, you’ll work in lock step with account team leaders and our federal clients to craft and tell the story of this organization on a national scale, understand the brand as well as key political sensitives and messaging challenges facing the organization.
In this role, you’ll support the U.S. Department of Education and other clients in related sectors with strategic communications, both internal and external. The team will support communications across the agency, including messaging and outreach, branding, and content creation to align with the agency’s mission.
Hybrid position – partially based in the Fairfax office (soon to be Reston), partially telework.
- Develop and provide strategic communication plans, including overseeing media relations, engagement opportunities, public outreach and engagement, creative and materials development
- Oversee branding analysis and development, including co-branding with agency partners
- Produce targeted messages, including developing a strategy, messaging training for trusted communicators
- Develop high-impact communications products, driving projects from concept to completion, including coordinating with internal creative and technical teams to ensure projects and deliverables are developed on time and within budget
- Effectively organize and communicate ideas for maximum impact when writing, presenting, or speaking. Identify and seek to solve operational barriers and facilitate teamwork across organization
- Be a people developer, coaching and mentoring younger team members to develop their professional skills
- Work across a team of communicators, creatives, and strategists to ensure projects are aligned, reduce redundancies, and are delivered on time and accurately
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years’ of communications and marketing experience
- 1 + years’ experience working directly with clients to build and execute strategic communications, social media, and marketing plans
Nice to Have:
- Education experience at the federal level or K-12
- Experience managing junior staff and/or directing support staff
- Public Trust government clearance
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)