Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Communications Manager with experience in internal communications to join our team. The Communications Manager is an expert communicator and collaborator with a proven track record meeting outcomes across strategic, tactical, and partnering objectives for clients focused on information technology (IT) development and operations. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordination with the client and other ICF Next teams.
As a Communications Manager, you will:
- Develop and drive the successful implementation of a communications strategy that ties back to client’s overarching goals and objectives.
- Lead communications research, including channels and content audit, audience and stakeholder analysis, and communications protocols and policies.
- Develop communications to explain and promote the use of new technologies, tools, and platforms, improve customer service, and increase engagement with clients’ stakeholders and customers.
- Project management activities, including facilitating strategic discussions, tracking deliverables, and aiding with general management and organizational activities.
- Coordination and documentation of collaboration opportunities across the team to ensure communications and other activities are aligned, redundancies eliminated, and overall timeliness and accuracy is increased.
- Build partnerships within the agency to gain recognition on initiatives and visibility of efforts.
- Assist with the evaluation of current IT processes through risk assessments, gap analysis, leveraging best practices and documentation of recommendations to update processes to meet client’s needs, objectives, or goals.
- Support clients in their efforts to improve or streamline business processes and enable real time collection of data, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement ongoing outreach, promotional, and communications efforts designed to educate and enable change about new business processes/information.
- Manage junior communications staff and coordinate with internal creative and technical teams to ensure communications materials are developed on time and within budget.
As a Communications Manager, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 plus years of previous relevant experience in communications
- 1 plus years of internal communications experience
- Previous people management experience
- Understand IT as it relates to increased efficiency in business processes across a company or agency
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance
- Proactive self-starter
- Detail oriented and precise
- Responsive and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and cooperative attitude
- Excellent client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Results-driven, creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)