Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Corporate Communications
Location: Fairfax, Virginia/Washington, D.C.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated communicator to help us create more visibility and excitement around the inspirational, mission-driven work of ICF—a $1.5 billion company that has doubled in size every five years for the past twenty. One of the leading consultancies and digital providers in the world, we work across a diverse set of industries including energy, environment, public health, education, and much more. Our client list is as diverse as our skill set—stretching from nearly every federal agency to various international governments to some of the world’s leading consumer brands. We’re a purpose-driven team, working every day to improve the lives of millions of people and helping build a more prosperous and resilient world.
Help us tell our story.
We’re looking for someone to help us run an ambitious corporate communications program. You’ll develop and execute a thoughtful, measurable, and impactful external and internal plan that inspires our key audiences. We’re looking for a true communicator with a marketing mindset, obsessed with telling our stories across all channels and every medium. And you’ll bring a passion for storytelling—aligned with business strategy and industry acumen—to help us share how we’re making meaningful, global impact.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Communications to manage the development and execution of a multi-channel, integrated communications strategy.
- Develop, create, and execute on various internal and external communication plans, focusing on both content development and project management.
- Contribute to and help manage a comprehensive internal and external editorial calendar.
- Develop the strategy for and manage the execution of our most important internal corporate communications channels, such as mass email, corporate events, the intranet, and social platforms.
- Help manage various external communications activities related to public/media relations, awards, crisis communications, reputation management, speaking opportunities, and more.
- Help bring our corporate brand into our various markets and audiences.
- Support an active executive visibility program that includes employee and industry communications, thought leadership, and executive appearances.
- Support a highly active M&A program through comprehensive communications plans and outreach.
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- Roll up your sleeves and write. You’ll be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and editing all kinds of communications such as articles, blogs, emails, talking points, social copy, and more.
- Be a message machine and help us translate the complex work of ICF into memorable and emotionally relevant communications, content, and assets.
- Partner with internal business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and thought leaders to develop internal and external content that highlights our purpose-driven projects and unique culture.
- Ensure our employee and market messages are aligned and supportive of creating brand ambassadors.
- Leverage metrics, technology, and industry best practices to develop and implement new and innovative communication mediums and tools to increase communication effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Teach us something new! We know the best ideas often come from those with a fresh perspective, from people who are willing to look at things differently.
The skill set
We’re looking for someone with 8+ years of communications experience. Corporate, in-house, or agency experience preferred—and if you’ve worked for large, multi-faceted organizations, that’s a plus. You’re detailed-oriented and an excellent writer. You’re equal parts analytical, strategic, and creative. And you communicate ideas creatively and concisely, while adapting messages for all mediums and audiences.
In addition, you bring:
- Strong organizational skills, and a creative flair that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A thorough understanding of the communications channel mix.
- A proven track record of delivering effective and creative communications programs that produce tangible results or change.
- A self-starter approach to initiate and drive new projects.
- The ability to deal with uncertainty, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Confidence to contribute individually, but also lead, manage, or participate in cross-functional teams.
- A passion for finding new and creative ways to reach an audience.
- Experience working closely with brand and creative teams to ensure your communications are as engaging as possible.
- Command of various internal communication platforms to support channel management and measurement, including Poppulo, Teams, and Yammer.
- Familiarity in staging and publishing online content, including SharePoint.
- A bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)