Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications Associate, Multicultural (African-American Audiences)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Working at ICF Next means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world and to challenge yourself professionally, look no further than our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who challenge the status quo every day.
ICF Next’s Multicultural Communications line of business supports clients in developing authentic and culturally appropriate messages, materials and campaigns. We believe that audiences are first in multicultural communications. They should be included, see themselves, and feel respected. And we believe that nothing should be created about us without us.
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Associate, Multicultural, who will support communications efforts focused on engaging African American audiences.
Our work includes several public sectors, including health, transportation, environment, energy, disaster management, and education. We are looking for a professional to manage new and existing tasks for public sector clients with an authentic lens toward African Americans. Work may include supporting development of communications plans and materials, creative campaign development support, earned and social media, and partnership engagement. This professional also will collaborate with local and remote communications teams who work on these projects.
Job Location(s): This individual will work remotely.
As a Communications Associate, Multicultural, you will:
- Have an interest in multicultural communications and strategies for communicating with African Americans
- Have an understanding of the importance of the social determinants of health and the need to address health disparities, systemic racism and inequities that African Americans face
- Focus on supporting campaigns and projects that are designed to reach and engage the African American community
- Work with project teams to support development, execution and evaluation of communication programs and products
- Serve as an account coordinator/project associate, supporting project managers and task leads
- Provide audience-centric support for partnership programs, earned media activities, social media engagement and paid media efforts
As a Communications Associate, Multicultural, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or related majors
- 2+ years of directly applicable experience engaging African American or multicultural communities
- Interest in working with US federal agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; state/local government; or foundations/associations focused on multicultural advocacy or equity
- Knowledge of and interest in working with historically black colleges and universities as partners
- Knowledge of and interest in working with media targeting African Americans; understanding of the role of Black newspapers and media outlets in the African American community
- Knowledge of and interest in working collaborating with community-based and national organizations targeting African Americans
- Experience writing content for a variety of channels including email distributions, websites, and other collateral materials
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational skills, and ability to interface effectively with all levels of the company and client
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)