Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communications and Marketing Specialist
Communications and Marketing Specialist – Criminal Justice Programs
ICF is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST to work on a large-scale criminal justice project focused on providing training and technical assistance to state, local, and tribal agencies to strengthen the nations’ criminal justice system and make communities safer. As part of this team, you will support online events (e.g., webinars, speaking engagements), develop and write communications products and help manage materials development. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating communications strategies that are part of a large, Federal client
- Writing compelling copy for a variety of communications products including reports and white papers
- Working with a graphic designer to develop communications products including fact sheets, reports, invitations/e-mails, posters, and more
- Writing project monthly reports and editing project deliverables
- Developing work plans and track milestones and timelines for multiple meetings and conferences simultaneously.
- Coordinating logistics for webinars, including setting up the webinar platform, and editing transcription and a summary of the meeting as assigned.
- Providing support for virtual conference including coordination of pre-conference needs including dry runs for attendees, all day of needs, and follow up needs for reporting and lessons learned.
- Providing metrics and developing reports for clients
- Staying abreast of communications trends and tactics; offering new ideas to the client
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with an accredited university.
- Experience with coordinating online events on WebEx and Zoom platforms
- 2-3+ years working on digital events, webinars and conferences
- 6+ years working on Federal contracts
- Experience writing and editing information on social science research (preferably in a justice-related field)
- Experience in translating technical documents to be appropriate for public consumption
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial specialist – an individual who:
- Exhibits excellent client and customer facing skills.
- Is a strong writer and editor and can write compelling copy for various audiences
- Has experience in managing online events and webinars
- Has strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A problem-solver, who’s highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Preferably has experience working with or for government clients
- Pushes the communications, marketing and digital world forward, using technology and creativity.
- Demonstrates the ability to orchestrate the conversations that lead to innovation and meaningful impact.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)