Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Communication Manager, Health
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next , we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Communication Manager, Health to work with our federal health client on several mission-critical public health projects.
As a Communication Manager, Health, you will:
- Lead projects and tasks for our clients across multiple projects in key areas of evidence-based health communication and social marketing, including strategy, audience centricity, content development, copywriting and editing, plain language/clear communication, digital media channel management, and partner engagement.
- Establish, enhance and maintain diverse public health partnership strategies and networks to reach and engage audiences that will receive important information from federal health communication programs, campaigns, and resources.
- Oversee communication product development and dissemination, working with client and ICF Next teams in research, evaluation, creative, digital, multicultural and media, to write, edit and design compelling content to support a range of communication efforts.
- Contribute to organizational growth through the management of project financials and support business development by contributing to new business capture and proposals.
- Manage one or more technical support specialists, including prioritization, coordination, completion and submission of key project deliverables.
As an Communication Manager, Health, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, health communication, health education, marketing, public relations, social sciences, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in federal health, marketing, advertising, public relations agency or consulting environment.
- Experience with partnerships at federal, state, tribal or local health agency level in support of social marketing or health communication projects, is preferred.
- Technical health communication or social marketing expertise including audience-centered strategies; writing, testing, and disseminating messages; advising creative teams on communication product development; and partnership strategies (e.g. healthcare provider, public health organizations, non-government organizations, for-profit health organizations).
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems (e.g., new influencer engagement or ways to visualize complex information)
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and team members.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal, written), and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities at a given time while interacting with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve project goals.
- Project leadership and management experience with federal health communications projects is preferred, including experience developing and managing budgets.
- Experience in new business development, including proposal writing, for federal health agencies, is preferred.
Job Location(s): This role is based in the United States. ICF supports a hybrid work environment (in-office and remote work).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)