Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Commercial Hardening & Financing Coordinator – CDBG-MIT - United States Virgin Islands (USVI)
Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane survivors and communities recover and rebuild for future resilience.
ICF’s Disaster Management Division is seeking a Commercial Hardening & Financing Coordinator who will support government agencies in the US Virgin Islands on projects that aim to reduce the island’s future disaster risk. As Commercial Hardening & Financing Coordinator, you should have experience with and knowledge of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation – (CDBG-MIT) and/or Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as FEMA and other applicable federal disaster recovery and mitigation programs.
The Commercial Hardening & Financing Coordinator will work onsite with the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, subject matter experts, and others to assist the client with project management and implementation of infrastructure, housing, economic development, public service, and resilience related activities to ensure smooth project performance. As such, this position requires you to maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, and procedures within the established project guidelines and to know the regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for HUD-funded programs.
- Assist the Multi-Sector and Planning Grant Manager Lead in the implementation of HUD-funded mitigation programs focused on economic development and revitalization activities.
- Work as part of the team providing subject matter and operations expertise in mitigation program design and implementation as it relates to economic development and revitalization activities.
- Provide planning and community engagement support for mitigation initiatives
- Support stakeholder outreach and capability building, including developing and disseminating guidance documents, toolkits, training, and other materials
- Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross-cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into program implementation
- Work with staff to set up systems and interpret and apply federal regulations within those systems
- Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design
- Ensure all assigned deliverables, areas of responsibility and files are complete and compliant
- Keep all parties informed of progress and any outstanding issues through clear and consistent communication and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Policy, Emergency Management, Natural Resource Management, or a related field
- At least three (3) of direct experience in federally funded economic development and/or resiliency related programs
- At least three (3) years of hands-on experience with CDBG/CDBG-DR or CDBG-MIT programs, regulations, and implementation
- Project and personnel management skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, empathy, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary
- Master's degree in Planning, Engineering, Emergency Management, Natural Resource Management, or a related discipline
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, including engineers; planners; GIS professionals; federal, tribal, and state government officials; and the public
- Knowledge of similar federally funded disaster recovery and mitigation programs
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
US Virgin Islands Remote Office (VI99)