Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
COBOL Developer- Remote
*We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.*
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology department, seeking an Appian Developer. Our team is a leading provider of Digital Transformation services for Federal agencies. Our services focus on enabling agency mission and business transformation using industry-leading low-code platforms, mobile applications, robotics process automation, and data analytics platforms. We are partnered with some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft, and UiPath. We focus on offering a full range of architecture and planning, system implementation, integration, analytics, and O&M for our customers.
We are seeking a COBOL Developer with strong COBOL programming/development background to work on a large, long-term IT modernization and sustainment program.
- Participate in requirements analysis/product backlog grooming
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write high-quality, optimized, error-free code using COBOL programming language that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Provides senior-level analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of COBOL-based applications, mainframes, and systems.
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Lead and contribute to peer code reviews
- Ability to work collaboratively with various engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience developing COBOL code
- Demonstrated expertise developing applications using DB2 Mainframe, Oracle, DB2 Connect, Control-M, and SQL
- Experience with agile frameworks such as Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Experience with Selenium, GitHub, Jenkins, and Puppet
- Strong database background (SQL, Oracle)
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)