Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cloud Solutions Architect
The ideal candidate will have the ability to move smoothly between tactical and strategic conversations with technical, business and mission leadership. You will play a critical role in helping our team formalize, standardize, and mature our cloud services offerings across major cloud service providers, AWS, GCP, and Azure. You possess a good understanding of modern low-code/no-code platforms such as ServiceNow and Salesforce. You understand the importance of security and believe risk management should be tackled early and not as an afterthought. You have been through the trenches in helping teams obtain authority to operate (ATO) and can have intelligent discussions around NIST recommendations and security controls. You are passionate about automation and creating an environment that fosters DevSecOps approaches. You articulate the connection from technical services to business capabilities and help organizations navigate the tension between evolving traditional IT processes and modern approaches. You also understand that success is not about being a hero it’s about developing a capable team to deliver the right solutions to our customers.
Why you will love working at ICF:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies and platforms you’ll be working with:
- AWS, GCP, Azure, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Appian.
Automation and orchestration technologies you’re familiar with (Expertise with at least 1):
- Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, CSP specific CLIs, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Deliver: accountable to our Vice President, Strategy & Modernization for delivering customer’s cloud strategies aligned with the customer’s business objectives.
- Lead: Provide leadership in large scale infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques (IaaS/PaaS) including application migrations to cloud platforms (Azure, AWS and / or GCP) within a large enterprise environment.
- Partner: Assist clients in defining the business case for innovative cloud solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development with focus on DevOps, and take solution through to launch.
- Advise: Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and become a trusted advisor to decision makers. Demonstrate a well-balanced approach to addressing complex infrastructure concepts. Maintain awareness of and Evaluate emerging cloud capabilities, technologies and tools, develop technical domain roadmaps pertinent to public cloud technologies and capabilities.
- Design: Responsible for designing cloud solution resources, both IaaS and PaaS, that enable the business to securely run sensitive workloads within a cloud environment. Engineering and designing large scale enterprise infrastructure and integration patterns for cloud environments.
- Continuous Improvement: You will help and drive internal initiatives as it relates to developing the cloud/infrastructure practice. Also, our team maintains a variety of platform technology, including application performance monitoring, automated cloud provisioning templates, and automated bootstrap and configuration management code. You will provide input on industry standards and collaborate with fellow team leaders on the prioritization and execution of ongoing platform improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration: Work with onsite or remote teams to develop cloud solutions, templates, backend business logic/orchestration layer, architect, integrating and implementing security controls. You will also work very closely with Accounts and Program Management teams.
- Problem-Solving: Provide resolution of product or platform issues in a multi-vendor client environment.
- Implementation: Champion creation and implementation of standards, policies, and change management best practices.
- Mentorship: As a senior technical lead, guide technical staff in resolving technical architecture and design issues.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Certified AWS or GCP, Azure, or other cloud, or ready to get certified.
- 8-10 years of experience solutioning as well as identifying and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- 5 or more years’ experience developing in or collaborating with development teams of different technology stacks including but not limited to (React or Angular, Python, Ruby, Java, or .NET)
- Public sector consulting experience at the Federal level.
- Actively participated or lead at least one program through the ATO process at the FISMA moderate level.
- 2 or more years' experience with strong professional writing such as proposals, grants, or similar
What we’d like you to have:
- Current certifications on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated understanding of data center technology and environment.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing hybrid cloud infrastructures between on-prem and cloud services
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS cloud environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of TOGAF, Agile, DevSecOps methodologies.
- Preferably experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm.
- Preferably experience or knowledge of modern PaaS services such as RedHat OpenShift.
- Experience in leading human centered design workshops.
- Growth mindset
- Strong communication skills and business acumen
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)