Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cloud Engineer (Remote)
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF is currently seeking a talented Cloud Developer to support a large federal IT system modernization program to improve the lives of children in foster care. You will work with our customer and program subject matter experts to understand the business goals and objectives of the system. The Cloud Developer will develop modernization architecture solutions from a legacy platform into a cloud platform using modular design standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support scale infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques (IaaS/PaaS) including application migrations to cloud platforms (AWS, Azure and/or GCP) within a large enterprise environment.
- Responsible for supporting cloud solution resources, both IaaS and PaaS, that enable the business to securely run sensitive workloads within a cloud environment. Architecting and designing large scale enterprise infrastructure and integration patterns for cloud environments.
- Help drive internal CI initiatives as it relates to developing the cloud/infrastructure practice. Also, our team maintains a variety of platform technology, including application performance monitoring, automated cloud provisioning templates, and automated bootstrap and configuration management code. You will provide input on industry standards and collaborate with fellow team leaders on the prioritization and execution of ongoing platform improvement initiatives.
- Provide resolution of product or platform issues in a multi-vendor client environment
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Five plus years of experience with deploying applications to the AWS cloud
- Two plus years of experience with Terraform
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with building full stack web-based enterprise systems
- Experience with SQL and database development
- Preferably experience with modern containerization and orchestration platforms: Docker
Why you’ll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)