Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer who is customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize and transform through pragmatic enterprise strategies.
**This role can be 100% remote, sitting anywhere within the US. Quarterly meetings in the DC Metro area may be required.** You must be a US Resident, living in the US, and the work must be performed within the US.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both tactical and strategic conversations with technical, business, and mission leadership. You will play a critical role in helping our team formalize, standardize, and mature our cloud services offerings. You understand the importance of security and believe risk management should be tackled early and not as an afterthought. You are passionate about automation and creating an environment that fosters DevSecOps approaches. You articulate the connection from technical services to business capabilities and help client organizations navigate the tension between evolving traditional IT processes and modern approaches. You also understand that success is not about being a hero, it’s about developing a capable team to deliver the right solutions to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating AWS infrastructure through automation tools like CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Working with multiple teams supporting a variety of custom and open-source systems.
- Troubleshooting and advising teams on AWS best practices
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 8 or more years’ total experience in an IT Engineering environment
- 3 or more years’ of experience deploying applications to AWS using CloudFormation or Terraform with services like, ElasticBeanstalk, ECS, RDS, VPCs, CloudFront, WAF, and Lambda.
- Two or more years of experience planning, executing, and navigating on premise to cloud migration
- US Citizen or Green Card. Due to federal contract, candidate must be eligible for Public Trust.
- AWS certification
- US Residency required, work must be performed within the US.
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with building full stack web-based applications
- Experience with SQL database configuration and operations
- Preferably experience with modern containerization and orchestration platforms like Docker
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use:
Various AWS services, Docker and containers, Terraform
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$88,722.00 - $150,827.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)